Saturday, May 07, 2005

Favorite Maya Angelou Quotes

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."

"Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency."

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."

"It is not that I have confidence, but I believe if I fail, so what? Now I have the chance to try again."

"You may not think you can reach it. Climb anyway. You may not think you’ll be heard. Speak anyway. You may not think you can change thinks. Try anyway."

"Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Invite one to stay."

"The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise."

"The most called-upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear."

2 comments:

PDawg said...

I got to hear Maya speak in person a few years ago... She is undoubtedly one of the most captivating, inspiring, and moving people I have ever had the good fortune of seeing. A true national treasure.

mckait said...

I find Maya to be very inspiring.. I have read nearly all ofher books, and love her story.. and her poetry..

thank you for posting this.. wonderful quotes !