Monday, May 09, 2005

Fence

Today I worked the morning shift and missed my Mom's Mother's Day Breakfast with the family
So last night I stopped at my Mom's house and left her card in a baggie (in case it rained) on her windshield...she called me at 7am when I started my shift to thank me but I couldn't pick up...busy day at work.
I was soooo tired when I got up for work today because I had to work till 11 last night, so getting up at 6 was quite difficult.
FINALLY, 3:30 came around and I was free.
I get home and my roommate all excited tells me she bought fencing for the yard so we can just let the dogs out instead of putting them on the lines (there's 3 dogs)
I was surprised...2yrs I've been suggesting we should do this and she did it - the catch was I got to help put it up
Yippee!!! I'm exhausted, promised my Mom I'd go get rootbeer floats(black cows) with her for our "Mother's Day Time" and now I gotta help put together a fence, I sigh and say alright let's get this done-then I see it. It literally looks like black hefty bags stapled to wooden stakes.
I'm shocked and feel VERY getto at this moment but didn't want to make an issue out of it because I wanted to finish with my day and go to bed!!! Sooooo, I get the sledge hammer and start pounding away at each stake-40min later our backyard looks like it's under construction and I'm kinda embarrassed...laughing at the ridiculousness of it all but embarrassed almost ashamed. I clean up, jump in my car pick up my Mom and take her over to see the "fence"
We pull up and my Mom can't even get out of the car she's laughing sooooo hard at it. I warned her but apparently she wasn't getting a very clear picture of what it was until we got there and I know I made her day by showing her the "getto fence"
We leave to get shakes, icecream or rootbeer floats and she changes her mind we end up going to McD's for 1 soda and she asks to go home cause she's tired - not much of quality time but she got a much needed laugh so it didn't matter.
I get home watch National Treasure, took a shower and got back on the road to watch The L Word at my friend's house who lives 40min away but has Showtime (which I lack) and finally I made it home for good tonight and here I am writing my goofy story and will be going to bed shortly there after - gotta work tomorrow :-)
Hope every Mom had a great Mother's Day...everyday should be dedicated to all Mom's but none-the-less today was your day and I hope it brought every Mom as much joy as today brought my Mom.

No comments: