I love that I came from a big family and generic food.
I love that I have to earn everything I have
I love that I fight the world every day
And I love knowing it
Life is soooo short and we strive so hard to make it better by working hard, fighting more, and moving fast. That we miss out on the simple things that make up life.
This is why simple is the way to start.
With simplicity you learn to stop and smell the roses
That life isn't always better on the other side
That life is a journey
I am a simplton...it doesn't take much to make me happy - to find my "happy place"
I am overwhelmed by sunrises and sunsets, by skylines, by baseball games, kids playing in a park, day offs, my cat trying to catch a bug, my dogs rough-housing together, my nephews and neices calling me just to say hi - anyone to call me just to say hi, a broadway show, a movie, a quiet night with a book, a nap, icecream in the middle of a blizzard...I am happy
Sure I complain about this, that and the other thing but then I blink and I see something simple and smile.
No matter where life takes me what I do to get there I will never forget where I came from and I'll always have time to stop and smell the roses :-)
Today my nephew called me and asked if I could come to his school and be his "Special Person" for Special Person Day...I was speechless and teary eyed...he picked me, he's 6 and I without even checking my schedule say of course I'll be there. The excitement in his voice threw my teary eyes into Niagra Falls - I am honored to be his Godmother and his "special person"
How very innocent children are and how much we have to embrace every moment we can so that we too can feel that passion of innocence each and every time. Corey was my happy place today - 1 phone call was all it took and the rest of my day didn't have to go perfect because nothing could distort that feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment