Tuesday, May 03, 2005

MONEY

Why does money have to be so evil? Why is it always the root of being able to do something or not? Why is it soooo important? And I'm guilty too, I feel like I can do so much more if I had more money. There is something really wrong with that...I'm tired of it being the source of everything!6 years ago my twin had a baby boy. Corey JamesHe was 2 months early and was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I was leaving for boot camp in a month and was really upset I was gonna miss his birth - but as it seems he wanted to see me before I left and he was born.Of course we were all nervous and scared that he may not make it - but he's a Beyer, of course he'd make it...we're fighters.Well, the father, or as we call him the "sperm donor" was exactly that...for the first 2yrs of Corey's life was no where to be found. When he did take Corey for some father-son time it was only for a couple of hours. The child support was next to nothing when my twin did get it.Two years after that Corey's now 4 and Kat (my twin) gets engaged and along with that wanted to move with her "man" to Washington. Just because she's human and with feelings she tells the sperm donor of her engagement and her plans to move. He congratulates her and nothing else.The next day Kat is served papers...the sperm donor was taking her to court for cusody of Corey.We all laughed at the idea...he hasn't been around as a father how could he possibly winWell, he did. 2 years of fighting with money we don't have he won custody, child support and even money for day care when Kat could watch him after school instead of some stranger.I'm infuriated, how is this possible that an asshole that didn't even want a child and when Kat got pregnant dumped her now have custody over himIt was heart wrenching when this happened...Corey was accustomed to living with Kat at my Mom's house with my siblings...Tommy, Sarah, Jimmy, Murphy, Lizzy, and Karen (Bill and myself were moved out).He was only 4 and he didn't understand why he didn't get to stay there, he wanted to know why we didn't love him anymore. That he'd be betterHow horrible, that we had to try to explain to him that we didn't want him to go without making him hate his father.Now he's 6, his mood swings aren't as great but he is a completely different little boy when he comes over...it takes him a few hours to turn back into that innocent little boy.We're still fighting and Kat never got married nor moved away...The worst part is that Corey got everything he needed and then some, he was never abused or unloved but he was still taken away from us!Since his life with the sperm donor he has had mood swings, his now step brother sexually abused him and the only thing the courts did was make the sperm donor give them seperate rooms at bed time...he falls asleep at school and sucks his thumb which he's never done before.HOW IS THIS A BETTER PLACE FOR HIM???I cry everytime I think about the situation. Because we don't have money for a "Good" lawyer the sperm donor wins and gets everything he wants-LOVE according to the "Law" isn't enough. He never went hungry, never felt unwanted - WHY ISN'T HE HERE?If money wasn't an issue he'd be where he belongs, in the arms of his mother and away from that unhealthy life...he wouldn't have thoughts of abandonment, he'd still be our innocent Corey, he wouldn't have had to go through anything no one should ever ask a 4yr old or now 6yr old little boy to go through and manage.
Posted by Hello

No comments: