I love that bar...well, I love it on Monday nights.
That bar is my hangout bar when I have Monday nights off
It's a "boys" bar BUT on Monday nights it's SHOWTUNE NIGHT
It's one day a week I can sing my heart out to all of my favorite showtunes...with no one looking and gasping at me.
I LOVE IT!!! For awhile there I thought that I was the only one that enjoyed watching different showtunes and singing along.
Here's how it works: The bar has 1 huge flatscreen and multiple smaller ones throughout the place. They show different parts of every musical imaginable for everyone to sing-a-long to.
You can go from "Suddenly Seymour" (Little Shop of Horrors) to "Mame" to "Defying Gravity" (Wicked) to Hairspray to whatever else you can think of...if it's a musical they have it. And just to break it up a bit all the boys and me add in different lirics or add phrases to certain songs...kinda like Rocky Horror.
If you're ever in Chicago go to Rosco and Halsted and into Sidetracks, it's sooooo much fun.
I hardly have a voice for 2 days after that :-)
The only down side to this is talking someone into going with me. I love it but refuse to go into a bar by myself and none of my friends are big into showtunes-in fact the only reason most of them go is to be able to poke fun of me...which I can care less about as long as I can go...I'm addicted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment