Sunday, May 22, 2005

Star Struck

Oh my gosh!!!
I've met Wynonna
I've met Gretchen Wilson
I've met Kenny Chesney
and none of them made me nervous or excited
Yes, I'll admit I'm sooooo glad I met Wynonna
love her music and she was so very genuine
Last night I met TERRI CLARK
OMG, I don't think I'll ever forget that
I joined her fanclub for little perks like meeting her
and it was everything I could've hoped for
She was so nice and patient
When I was in line my heart was racing
My stomach had dropped to my feet and I was shaking
I love her music and love that she's REAL
When it was my turn to walk up to her to take a picture and get an autograph I froze
Her fiance motioned like I was shaking and I smiled and agreed
I walked up to her-maybe alittle too close, not sure I'm drawing a blank
but I froze...I stood there and finally Terri broke the ice by saying "Hi" in a questionable manner
I broke free-I confidently (grinning ear to ear) "Hi, I'm Kelly, very nice to meet you" and extended my hand
She took my hand and shook it and said "nice to meet you too"
I asked her to sign my hat then asked for a carbon copy-
It was suppose to be a funny way of asking for more than one autograph
Though, it didn't end up being funny because it didn't make sense to her she did sign my 2 tickets
She didn't have to but she did
Then she put her arm around me (can't remember where, I just remember my arm being around her back) and we took a picture together
I was SHAKING so badly that I almost took a tumble down the stairs trying to leave.
She was so nice, and she had the softest hands I've ever felt
I was in HEAVEN
I've never felt that for any celebrity before - I LIKE IT!!!
Can't wait till next month when I get to try again and maybe this time I'll remember what I wanted to say..."I love your music, thank you for this opportunity to meet you, your song 'The One You Love' hit hard -it came at the perfect time, Thank you" well, maybe I'll rehearse and get it right :-)
I CAN'T WAIT!!!

No comments: