If a child lives with criticism
He learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility
He learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule
He learns to be shy.
If a child lives with shame
He learns to be guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance
He learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement
He learns confidence.
If a child lives with praise
He learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness
He learns justice.
If a child lives with security
He learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval
He learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship
He learns to find love in the world. Dorothy Law Nolte
I watched a very compelling movie tonight "Riding on the Bus with my Sister" watching this movie was a domino effect. Watching it reminded me of watching the Rosie O'Donnell Show, remembering that reminded me of Rosie's For All Kids foundation remembering that reminded me of my persuasive paper I had to write in English 101 in college (i have some college under my belt) which I did on that foundation which brought me to this poem-I used this poem as my cover page for that paper. So here I am sharing it to anyone who wants to read it, enjoy :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kelly,
Thanks for giving me the good broadway on DVD ideas - I really want to see SOMETHING on stage, so I might check out the local theatre.. I love love love love that poem.. I have no children, and may not ever (PCOS infertility issues etc) but, I keep those words close to my heart, in case I ever do get the gift of being a mom!!! ;) Thanks again for your willingness to 'ride the bus with me' and for the broadway suggestions!!!!!!!
Angel Chasse
Post a Comment