One of my quirks:
Flashbacks...I get them ALL the time and at the weirdest times, and it never has anything to do with what I am doing at that particular moment just all of a sudden my mind wanders and there I go -
I was driving in my car today (for work of course) and sitting at a red light
Pow:I'm standing in fourth rank stiff as a board, sweating, tired, and focused on the recruit in front of me when out of no where I hear clear as crystal "Beyer, get over here!"
Without hesitation I'm sprinting out of ranks and confront the source..."Good Afternoon Ma-am, Recruit Beyer reporting as ordered Ma-am"
And without even a blink of an eye I hear barked back, "BEYER, I don't like you - GET OUT OF MY FACE" and without an expression I reply as a trained "monkey" "Aye Ma-am (step back) carry on aye Ma-am, Good afternoon Ma-am" (a bout face) and run back into rank.
And then I hit the gas pedal and continue on my day...
To this day I have no idea why my Drill Instructor called me out of ranks to tell me that - was there a purpose, was she trying to upset me, demotivate me, make me look bad???
I often wonder about my Marine Corps Recruit Training (boot camp) and what everything that was done to me if it had significance...I don't get it.
I loved the training but looking back I should've been miserable, they treated me like crap and yet I'd go back and do it again all over again. I miss the military (scary), I wonder what if ALL the time
The strange part of my flashbacks is I'll have one and it can influence me the rest of the day that is, I'll think about it all day long afterwards and ponder
It can be a good thing I suppose, keeps me aware that my memory is still very keen and it also keeps me in check :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment