Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Box
What in you draws you to a sport? In grade school I sucked in volleyball, once I got to highschool somehow almost overnight I was a star...power server and digger - I was always the starter. Then junior year I wasn't "cool" enough, I out served, out set, and out dug everyone yet I didn't make the team...hmmm, that's right everyone that made the team hung out with the coach - unfair yes, devistating maybe...would I have been able to go to college with less stress and feel more at ease, possibly. But everything happens for a reason right? So now at 27, I've found a new passion and I'm pretty good too, the only problem is my entire family thinks I'm nuts and keeps begging me to quit. I Box!!! It's exhilerating, it's not personal - its a sport. I don't look at an opponent and hope I hurt them, I merely want the points and to not get hit. Yes, it has its dangers but so do alot of sports-no it's not traditionally a "female" sport, but I've never been one to not do something because I might be one of a handful doing it...in fact that drives me to do it even more so because then I feel motivated and pushed to do even better. I was in the military and no one objected - I could have gotten hurt or killed doing that, I'm testing for police departments and no one objects to that - that's dangerous...I'm not stupid I wouldn't jump off of buildings and test fate that way, but boxing can be dangerous if you're not trained correctly and you fight in matches you're not ready for - so August is my big one...the World's Amatuer Competition -I go to Missouri for that, there should be about 15 different countries involved...I'm keeping my fingers crossed and training for 2+hrs a day...I will do well, but the question is how well? :-) NO I AM NOT MILLION DOLLAR BABY...I have been boxing for almost 2yrs now -way before the movie, but that did trigger alot of the stress my family is feeling...until the competition is over they won't calm down...Wish me luck :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment