Ever have a day when you know you can't do something, it's a lose-lose situation and for some reason you agree to do it? That happened to me today and it reminded me of the orange juice splashing in the face of the guy in "Guys and Dolls" the story behind it is basically he doesn't make any bet that he cannot win because it'd be just like getting splashed in the face with orange juice...ok with that said here's what happened to me today.
I don't have to work till 2:30 but have to work the morning shift tomorrow 7am oye it's already 12:30...I'm gonna be comatoast, anyway, I talk to my Mom just about every day and it's usually about the kids (my siblings) and for some reason today the conversation moved in a different direction.
The Porch. My Ma wants to put in a brick/stone ground in front of the back porch for a place for her grill and maybe a couple of chairs.
She's soooo sneaky, she begins by asking me questions about what I think it would take to do something like that (me not thinking she meant me actually doing) I said it shouldn't be that difficult, just have dig into the grass so that it's level and the bricks or stones will be level. Then mix the cement to keep it together. With that she's like GREAT, so when do you think we can do this...I was lost for words, I don't know how to do that, I'm not a bricklayer or carpenter - so why did I say "when the weather permits and I'm not working"
After getting off the phone I was like "SPLASH" what did I just commit to - eeekkkk!!!
Just can't say no to Mom, I guess I better take out that thinking cap and figure it out lol, oye I'm nuts, my Mom is nuts to think that I can do "ALL"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment