Monday, June 20, 2005

Crashin Fast

Why must someone always rain on my parade???
Last week has been an adrenalin rush
First I got a phone call - after waiting a year I finally made it!
I leave for the Police Academy on July 11th
Then the girl my sister introduced me to was PERFECT
We hit it off right away and is looking very promising
Not to forget my wonderful day in Nashville, being allowed to take a picture with Terri Clark in her pajamas...
Nothing seemed to go wrong for me but alas something had to go wrong - here's my tale

My roommate quit her very well paying job because she wasn't happy and started the application process for a job a the vet hospital that my sister works at (the same sister that hooked me up) meanwhile I finally meet the girl and as you read above it's going great
Well, my roommate is FURIOUS at me now...she states that it's weird working there with someone I'm dating because if something should happen and it doesn't work out then working with her would be impossible
My problem with that is, she should be more worried about the fact she's working with my sister - I have arguments with my sis all the time...wouldn't that be weird?
My roommate also thinks that our friendship has changed due to this because we no longer can talk about whats going on in each other's life because it's "weird"
She says she doesn't want to tell me about work because if she's unhappy she can't say who she likes/dislikes there because I know them all, she says she can't and won't hear anything about my relationship with the girl because she works with her and that would be weird
Tonight she screamed at me because I had the girl come over - I don't know how any of this could be weird nor will I stop seeing someone for something that petty like that
She screamed at me because she said that I'm being inconsiderate and dumb - also because after the movie ended I asked the girl if she wanted to get coffee and my roommate said that that made her feel akward because supposively we only went because my roommate was there - well DUH!!!!! I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong but if you're at the beginning of a relationship don't you usually want "alone time"? As in, no roommate around? So, I'm not gonna ask my roommate to leave or sit in her bedroom - THAT WOULD BE RUDE so I left...I don't get it, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary yet my roommate is now telling me that our friendship is basically over
Am I missing something or is my roommate acting very childish and impossible? I don't want to lose her as a friend but I haven't dated in a long time and like I said earlier it was too PERFECT from the start to not move forward with it
Any suggestions as to save a friendship without losing a girlfriend? Any ideas as to explain to the roommate that what she's feeling is ridiculous and put her at ease...anything would be helpful at this point - I will not allow someone to splash black onto my YELLOW!!!
Peace

1 comment:

mckait said...

listen

you have to live your life for you..
not for your roomate. it was her decision to leave the job, not yours.

you just carry on and be happy.. your room-mates issues are hers.. and just leave her to them..

try not to fight, try to be friendly and reasonable and to act, not react..
and hopefully things will smooth over..

i fight with my sister too.. i love her .. but sometimes.. ( !)

anyway.. you do not have to live according to anyones rules..

one little thought here though..
s/o 's do have a habit of being temporary.. real friends do not.. however real friends do not expect you to live according to thier rules ( like sisters sometimes do )

I guess i am not being clear ..
( sorry.. still worrying about duncan )

try to avoid having to choose.. but if it comes about that you do have to.. choose this one with your head and not your heart..

good luck and congratulateions for the academy thing.. it is wonderful when life goes our way