So tonight I went to see the Chicago Bandits play - they're the Pro Softball Team, they were playing Australia...
As I walked into the park I was pulled aside and asked to participate in a game between the top and bottom of the second inning - I'm Dumb and said sure
I had to race my friend from second to third base carrying a tray with 3 drinks on it-without dropping it
Ok, that's a task in itself but I'm wearing flip-flops on top of it, making it that much harder
I'm such a cheater...as we were racing I was losing so I elbowed my friend lol making her drop her tray - I got 4 tickets to games of my choice for winning...so of course I'll be bringing that friend with (since i did cheat)
What can I say too many people were watching for me to lose :-)
Anyway, after that we got to watch all of one more half inning and there was a Lightning delay...
They made everyone get off the bleachers and go to behind the left and right fields then they changed their minds and made us stand in the grass about 15ft behind the diamond, and not 2minutes later they changed their minds again and made us leave the park and wait in our cars
Everyone was laughing at the lack of communication/knowledge as to what to do...nothing organized and kaotic
After sitting in the parking lot for about 20min a police officer drove through the lot announcing that the game has been cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow :-)
So, maybe the weather will be better tomorrow and I'll finally get to see the game
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment