So here we are
The first sign of the end of the year
I'm in charge of the turkey this year
So here I am at 3:55am cooking
I work nights so I'm not about to get up at 8 to do it in the morning
A long time ago, like '96 I watched Rosie O'Donnell show and Mathew McConihay (or however he spells his name) talked about how he cooks turkeys
I thought it sounded fun so I tried it...
You still a beer can up the turkey's butt - so to speak
Filled half with beer and half with your seasons and butter
And you cook the bird standing up
Well, it was a hit back in '96 so I'm doing it again!!!
It should be done cooking by 6am :-)
Good thing I don't go to bed till then usually
The best part is I probably won't be eating any turkey
My family's tradition is to have lasania as well
That's what I'll be sinking my teeth into
For everyone out there Happy Turkey Day
And please if you participate in the biggest shopping day of the year
The day after Thanksgiving
Be careful driving and take a deep breath everytime a driver does something unheard of!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment